Sunday, September 25, 2011

1 Nephi 5

Christlike Attributes
verse 4:
"goodness of God" Blue
verse 5:
"the Lord will deliver my sons out of the hands of LAban, and bring them down again unto us in the wilderness." Blue
verse 8:
"the Lord hath commanded my husband to flee into the wilderness" Blue
"the Lord hath protected my sons and delivered them out of the hands of Laban" Blue
"given them power whereby they could accomplish the thing which the Lord hath commanded them." Blue
verse 15:
"they were also led out of captivity" Blue
verse 17:
"he was filled with the Spirit, and began to prophesy concerning his seed" Blue
verse 18:
"these plates of brass should go forth unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people who were of his seed." Blue
verse 19:
"these plates of brass should never perish; neither should they be dimmed any more by time." Blue
Commentary


Well, this is the first chapter (I think) that is all blue. I kind of expect more of these kinds of chapters from the Book of Mormon.

I wasn't sure about marking both verse 5 and verse 8.  They're both saying the same thing about Christ and I usually don't mark the same thing in the same chapter.  (If it says the same thing in a different chapter, I'll still mark it.)  But since one came from Lehi as an, "I know he'll do this" sort of way while trying to comfort his wife and the other came from Sariah as an, "I know he did this" sort of way, I decided to mark both.

No comments:

Post a Comment